Friday, October 23, 2009

Fall Kaleidoscopes


I just couldn't resist a little creative procrastination yesterday. When I looked out the window, the trees just seemed aglow with color. So, I grabbed my camera, went outside, and shot a few pictures. Then I wondered how the images would look in a kaleidoscope program I like to use. If you've been reading this blog, you know I love Mandalas. Watch out, it's rather addictive to create these amazing images. You can try it with your own images by following the instructions and links below.
Enjoy!






(Note that some of these were cropped into circles with Photoshop and background color fill was added - matching the image)

To make your own kaleidoscopes:
For the Mac, there's a "hidden" program in the development tools on Tiger's install disc called Core Image Fun House (and it does a lot more that kaleidoscopes). This link will tell you how to install it.
For the PC, you can download a filter that works in Paint or Photoshop. You do have to put it in the folder with your other plug-ins.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Breath-taking! I better not download the program because I would never get anything done. Beautiful.

    Emanda
    www.ArtemisiaStudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annette saw your photos...beautiful. WOW!!! Love the kaleidoscopes.

    ReplyDelete